Tuesday 1 March 2016

Counting Down

 Well I really don't have much to report this time.  Our days consist of yoga, exercise classes, Spanish classes, beach time and lots of music nights. Oh, and sometimes I have to do laundry.  I will share some pictures though.  
Dave is going in for a swim. 
Although the water has been too rough for me, it doesn't stop a lot of people. 
That being said, we have had far too many rescues and even some drownings.  The water was one of the things I loved the most about this place when we arrived.  We were in swimming every day. For the last couple of months we've had more rough days than calm.  We're told that is not normal.  People that have been coming here for years said they've never seen a year like this.  
Monday night open mic.

Dave took several pictures of the truck so I guess I should post one.
Beautiful skies day & night.


Morning beach walk.


Feb. 17:  I went to another Mexican cooking class, this time Chiles Rellenos.  Turns out I'm not really crazy about them so I don't think I'll be making them, but it was fun.  



Even Cowboys go to music in the square on Wednesday nights.
This was a particularly loud band.  We had to go across the street to listen to them.
This slide, along with some trampolines and some games have been set up next to the square for the kids.  One more tequila the other night and I think I could have talked Jody into going down it.  :o)

Puppies!


Feb. 18:  We went to Los Ayala to visit Great Woods friends Norbert & Jeannette.  They rent a gorgeous condo right on the beach.  
We had a great afternoon in the pool.
We had a nice walk down the beach.
This path goes to Kissing Beach.
We worked up a thirst.

The rooftop view.
On our way for dinner to Los Compadres in La Penita.
We had a great view of the sunset.


We had an amazing meal.
I made guacamole in my new molcajete dish for an appy party.  
Feb. 20:  Finally, a great beach day!  The water was much calmer, as you can see by the number of people in the ocean.


White Russian.  Yummy.  Dave doesn't get one after the last time.  :o). He blames the vodka.  
That evening Dave and I hosted a party.  Dave spent quite a bit of time putting together some good dance tunes.
Unfortunately my camera does not take good pictures in the dark.
It was a good time.
Feb. 22:  I had my last yoga class.  The yoga teacher is leaving in a few days.  I'm going to miss  her.
The good news is, it's National Margarita Day!
Feb. 23:  Dave and I went to La Penita to get our teeth cleaned.  The total cost for the two of us was $45.50.  Everybody gets all of their major dental work done in Mexico for a fraction of the cost they would pay at home.  
That evening we went to Clarita's to hear some great music.
Feb. 24:  Our last Spanish class.
Along with learning, we had lots of laughs.
It was another pretty good beach day, however, there were birds everywhere due to the number of fish in the water.

That evening we went to town with Jody & Brent for Wednesday Wing Night & music in the square.  Anywhere we see this horse, it is never tied up.  It just waits patiently for its owner.

A tequila sunrise, because sometimes you just need to mix it up.  
This was a very sweet dog hanging around on our beach for about a week.  I took some pictures to send to Shelley & Darren to see if they wanted us to bring her home.  That same evening we found out she had already been adopted and was flying to Vancouver the next day.  She had escaped but was reunited with her rescuers that night.  
Feb. 26:  Another wavey beach day.  
At least the surfers are having fun!




Everybody has their favorite mosquito repellent.  There are some bugs in the evening.  I still like my Watkins.
This is a pill.
This is a great smelling lotion.
We went for dinner to Vista Guayabitos in Los Ayala with friends.  Great view, great food.

Feb. 27:  The best place to be on another hot day.
Is this what you call the dog days of summer?  I guess this would be the dog days of winter.
Feb. 28:  There are lots of surfers waiting to catch a wave.
How cute is this bathing beauty?
This is the first day of the flag warning system. We have a red flag since the water isn't safe.
It's not working so far because there were many, many swimmers in the water.
We had an Oscar party and watched the Academy Awards.  I pretty much went for the appetizers and to see anything on TV.  As you can see we dressed for the red carpet.
Feb. 29:  Our Spanish class wind up brunch.
Monday open mic.  Dave had some fun.



Today is March 2nd and we are planning to leave here on March 9th so the preparations have begun.  Our plans are very flexible but we think we are going to dry camp at Chacala beach when we leave here, then to Stone Island just south of Mazatlan.  After that we will head inland on the new Durango highway.  We are going to exit Mexico at Laredo, Texas on approximately March 17th.  I'm sure we will be without wifi most of the time.  I'll update you when I can.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! Wow coming to an end already, you haven't even had any fun.
:)

-your favourite child