Friday 10 October 2014

Beautiful Vancouver Island

We arrived on Vancouver Island safe and sound yesterday.  We had one small misadventure in the morning.  We left the campground in Hope and retraced our steps to where we had entered Hope off of the Coquihalla Highway.  Our only option was to merge onto the Coquihalla in the WRONG direction.  We were heading back to Kamloops.  We took the first exit we came to which was going to Princeton.  A short way down the highway we did an illegal u-turn and were able to get back on the Coquihalla in the right direction.  Good thing we had given ourselves lots of time to catch the ferry.
It was also a good thing I had checked the ferry schedules the night before.  We were planning to take the ferry from Horseshoe Bay, but because of Thanksgiving weekend, it was all booked up except for the really early and really late ferries.  I booked the ferry from Tsawwassen and it was smooth sailing. (Literally)
As we were backing our trailer into our site in Parksville I heard a little voice calling Grandma.  Our son Jason, and two grandkids, Colton and Teegan had been watching for us.  It was very exciting to see them.
As I am sitting here typing this I keep looking out the window at the ocean and all the people walking by on the boardwalk.  We took Cleo for a walk on the beach early this morning.  Our trailer is full of sand already.  Love it!!
We had a great dinner which our daughter-in-law Elfie had prepared.  We spent the evening at Jay & Elfie's and had lots of fun watching our grandkids.  They never stop.  I think we will be very busy.









 You can see the hood of our truck in this picture.  We are at the front of the ferry waiting to arrive at the dock.  The doors in front of us start to open and what do we see?  No dock!  It was kind of scary pulling up to the dock with the doors wide open.








 Our view.  It is too bright to see but the ocean is right out there.



 Looking at our trailer from the boardwalk along the ocean.





I will share with you a nightmare I had just a couple of days into our trip:  I was at a party, helping with the food, or clean-up, or something, and speaking to a girl.  She asked me where I lived.  I tried very hard to come up with my address but couldn't think of it, so I told her I just had to do something in the kitchen and I would be right back.  I tried and tried to remember where I lived.  Dave came in and I was so upset I started bawling and told him I couldn't remember our address.  I was afraid I was getting Alzheimer's.  I was upset all night in my dream.  In the morning when I was remembering the dream I had, I realized why I couldn't come up with my address.  I don't have one!!  HaHa

I won't be posting daily blogs while we are in Parksville. 'Til next time, Dave & Dar

No comments: