Thursday 30 October 2014

On the Road Again

 
We said goodbye to Parksville this morning.  We had some great family time.  I have attached a few more BC pictures.  I have very few pics of today's travels mainly because there was nothing to see but rain & roads.
Cleo before & after fun in the ocean.
Beautiful walk in Nanaimo.
Why don't we have a Cactus Club in Winnipeg?
Who knew this was hiding behind the clouds?
More fun for Cleo.
Look what Dave installed for me.  A counter extension!!
We left Parksville to catch the ferry on a very soggy morning.  I'm sure our neighbours didn't appreciate us starting to hook up at 5:00 a.m.  The rain followed us all the way to our campground just outside of Seattle.  Once arriving in the U.S. we stopped to purchase a phone plan and a cellular plan.  They will only be good until we get to Mexico.  
Costco was on the same parking lot as AT&T so I ran in for some margarita mix.  I asked an employee where to find it and she said "It's with the liquor".  HELLO!  I forgot they sold liquor.  I picked up a huge bottle of Irish Cream for $12.00.  
Then we were off to WalMart for some groceries since we had cleaned out a lot of our supplies before entering the U.S.  BTW, they also sell liquor.  Dave bought rum and we couldn't believe the price of beer.  We're like kids in a candy store. 
Between the ferry crossing and the shopping it sure was a long day to travel such a short distance.  
I was very disappointed that we did not arrive in Seattle on time to go to the Pikes Place Fish Market.  It is on my bucket list of places to go.  Maybe in the spring.
Once we arrived at the campground, Lake Pleasant RV Park in Bothell, Washington, I took Cleo for a well deserved walk.  There are some awesome hiking trails here that I would love to tackle if they were dry.  They are very steep and after the monsoon they just had here I could just picture Dave & I re-enacting the scene in Romancing the Stone with Michael Douglas & Kathleen Turner.  
Here's hoping for a drier day tomorrow.  Doesn't look promising though.
D & D

No comments: