Wednesday 19 November 2014

Busted!

We had a short drive to Loreto today.  From what we have seen since we got here, it is a really pretty little town.  There is a malecon to walk, a really nice market area, some great restaurants.  It seems that many Canadians spend the winter here.  Most of the Canadians we have met on this trip are from BC. It makes sense since it is straight south for them.  
This is a cow on the side of the road.  We have seen several.  They have no fences.  Driving at night would be quite dangerous.
We didn't know there would be so many mountains here.
All of these cactus have a vulture on top of them.  
We have arrived in Loreto.
$3.00 Margarita's!
Very pretty marketplace.
We went back to the market in the evening.  Still pretty but the same margarita's were now $5.00.
There was a group of young people practicing some dance moves.
We went for a walk first thing this morning on the malecon.
Love the garbage cans.
This is the first opportunity we have had in Mexico to do laundry.  We have laundry facilities at our RV park and right across the street is a laundromat where you can drop off your laundry and have it done for you.  We were told that the cost is about the same.  After arriving last night we dropped off a ton of laundry at the laundromat and returned this morning to pick it up.  It cost the equivalent of $12.00.  If I had done it myself it would have been at least 3 loads which would have cost me $9.00.  Definitely worth the $3.00!  
This morning I decided to do a load myself of a couple of mats and a couple of blankets.  I took them over to the machines and an older Mexican lady started talking to me in Spanish.  I didn't know what she was saying but she was quite worked up and I got the impression maybe she was trying to tell me that I couldn't wash my mats in the machine.  I let her know I didn't understand and she took off to go get someone else while I went to the office to pay for using the machine.  I thought I would get away with it.  I always washed them in the machine at home.  The mexican lady came back with a girl that works at the RV park and she told me I could wash everything in the machine except one of the mats. Busted!  I would have got away with it if the Mexican lady hadn't been in there when I arrived.  She then told me, mostly through sign language, that she washes hers in the sink that was there and uses the scrub brush on them.  I said OK, put my wash in and then proceeded to wash my mat in the sink with the scrub brush.  What was I thinking?  I don't know how to wash a rug with a scrub brush.  I'm sure I never got half the dirt and sand out of it and I know I never got the soap out.  It will be hanging up to dry for days.  Oh well, it should be a little cleaner than it was.  
We managed to face time with Jay & the kids today.  It was awesome to see them.  We will try to do it with Shelley tonight but we are going out for dinner and with the time difference might not be able to.
This is at the front of our RV park.
Dave has just dropped off his truck at a "car wash" just down the road.  A hand wash is 50 pesos which is about $4.00.  
I should be able to do another post tomorrow.

No comments: